Monday 30 December 2019

2019 - Gone


Well I don't know where 2019 has gone but tomorrow will be the last day and then onto 2020. I am sure as you get older time goes faster (ask any old person).
South Coast Rail has been coming along slowly, that is the nature of narrow gauge, we are slow.
The major 2019 event was my attendance at the Australian Narrow Gauge convention on the Central Coast of NSW held over the Easter period. I was asked if my layout could be on display and I tentatively agreed to this request back in 2018. This was also a catalyst  to get me to pull my finger out and try and make what I had built presentable. My layout is on the larger size so having the lot finished was not an option but I hope what was presented was okay. The convention was also a chance to finally meet fellow modellers that I had conversed with over the internet. The level of modelling was exceptional and also there was a dinner get together on the Saturday night.
So after the convention it was back to the general modelling field which is where you can be in the shed for a few hours, come out and then wondered what you had achieved?
I also decided to make a start on the signature piece of the layout that being the model of the Thomson River bridge. I am lucky to have had help from a few friends in its construction which will make for a better model in the end. This especially applies to the piers made by Roger Johnson and the trusses laser cut by Nathan Wakim and the talented painting hand of Ian Fainges.
2020 as always will see forward progress with the bridge taking priority. The baseboard it sits on will require new skills to be learnt such as how do I make the river etc? Looks like some more Youtubing ahead.
I will round off the year with some random shots of the layout and wish you all the best for the New Year, happy modelling.








6 comments:

  1. Bob, pretty had to guess which direction the trains are travelling, there is no smoke to use as a clue !!
    Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were using smokeless coal Jim. They were told they had to go green (volcanoes exempt) but all the coal was still black.
    All the best for Camden 2020
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos as always Bob. Good luck with Thomson River bridge and all the best for 2020.

    cheers Phil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, all the best for 2020 and your bridge build
      Bob

      Delete