Monday 26 September 2011

More Kameruka Progress
It is that time of the year again where I take a two week break from the grindstone. The weather is usually not too hot or cold and today no rain like we had yesterday on Sunday.
I have a yearly booking for the Sydney Model Railway exhibition where ever it may be held. I have attended most of them since the lower Sydney Town Hall days. Sunday is my chosen day to attend mainly due to less crowds (bargain hunters). I hope a least one of the groups promising oil tankers has them there on the weekend.
And what a great day this Sunday will be, exhibition in the morning and getting home to see my team win the grand final in the afternoon.
This morning I washed down the house ends ready for painting, then after a cuppa dissapeared into the shed for some modelling.
Made it up to the house for lunch and then returned for more in the afternoon. Today I arranged to put the base down around where the goods shed will be. A lot more detailing to go on there and a yard crane to be assembled.

As mentioned before Kameruka is overshadowed by an in window air-conditioner. It would have fitted into the scenery better if I had made it into a tunnel but too late now to alter. It certainly provides some relief down there on the stinking hot days.


As may be noticed (the driver in the last picture certainly did) the headlight hasn't yet been fitted, so restricted to daytime running for the time being. It is in the workshop waiting for a fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment