I have only one complaint that the yellow in the word "rail" on the mug is a little patchy, don't know why. Couldn't be bothered sending them back, will just live with it.
I got excited about their arrival when an email was sent on the 12th January saying they had been sent. They were coming from Melbourne (I hope) but they only arrived here today the 25th January.
I reckon I could have walked to Melbourne and back in that time and picked them up. Not sure if Australia Post has slow mail but this I reckon is definitely snail mail at its best.
So do yourself a favour and get yourself a mug to remember your railway by. A great novel idea.
Have been busy cleaning up the shed the last week and have quite a few more bags of rubbish to go out in the red bin.
I actually got to get a coat of paint on the ceiling as well. Not the best thing to do ceilings but it looks a lot nicer now.
|Photo of recent painted ceiling|
|Photo of recently painted wall|
So along with the wall the roller door was painted and looks so much better, fresher and smelling better.
So the progress is slow but starting to look way much better. I can't believe some of the hidden thing I have been finding under the layout. Not sure what I was going to do with all those PMG lever keys, they are now in the bag waiting to go out. I was also able to try out our new vacuum cleaner, a bagless one this time. I was sick of keep having to buy all those bags for the old machine. They were treated as eternal and were never disposed of when full. Usual comment "I wondered why the machine wouldn't pick anything up!" The first to go were the daddylong leg spiders. They had no toilet manners, they just let it rip where ever they were. Usually over the top of the layout. I gave them a fighting chance by turning the suction down a bit but they were no match for the machine. Hopefully I got a few breeders amongst the lot.
The final shot shows the nice clean roller door and wall. It seems a shame to start putting the pictures and diagrams back up, but there is still a lot more cleaning and painting to go before I make a start on the new baseboards.